- Grease and flour a tube or Bundt(R) pan. Do not preheat oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Place cake into cold oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.